The information we collect
We lawfully collect personal information that is necessary for our business to function. We collect personal information in a variety of ways which include:
- At the commencement of new client relationships
- Through the collection of business cards
- During the recruitment process
- Through various means during community consultation (attendance sheets, feedback forms, notes taken of proceedings at meetings etc)
- Via surveys and questionnaires, both written and online
- Via our social media channels and our website.
The information we collect includes personal information such as:
- contact details (including e-mail addresses)
- domain names of those who visit our website
If a project requires it, we may collect other types of information such as:
- demographic information including gender and ethnicity
- opinions and views about a range of matters, including proposals, services and public policy issues
Examples of how we collect this information electronically include by:
- online surveys
- facsimile transfer
- photographs at events
- via our web hosting service, squarespace.com.au which may also collect the personal information of visitors to our website
How we use your information
We use the information we collect for the purpose we disclose at the time of collection. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide services to our clients
- To communicate to you about our organisation and/or it’s services
- For KJA’s own internal administrative and reporting functions
- To make decisions about potential employees.
Collection of personal information
We will only collect your personal information where that information is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities.
We will not collect sensitive information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities and you consent to the collection of that information.
We will only collect your information by lawful and fair means.
We will only collect your information from you yourself, except in cases where this is unreasonable or impracticable.
If we receive unsolicited information about you, we will assess whether we could have collected such information in line with the principles above and if not, we will destroy or de-identify the information where this is lawful.
When we collect personal information about you we will notify you of such provisions of this policy as are reasonable in the circumstances.
The personal information supplied is used:
- for aggregated statistical reports (for example, to measure website usage or to report to our clients how many people participated in a particular process, or to report social research)
- for reports on the proceedings of meetings
- for circulation of reports of a particular process to participants of that process, and to invite participants to subsequent meetings in that process
- for reporting on the views expressed in meetings to our clients
Every effort is made to ensure that such reports do not disclose personal information to third parties, including our clients, unless:
- permission is sought from the individual who submits that information, orthe individual is notified that this will occur prior to their participation in our work, or
- the individual requests that the information supplied be disclosed to third parties, or
- that disclosure could be reasonably expected, or
- the law requires that such information be supplied.
KJA does not sell or trade the information it receives with third parties or disclose it to third parties overseas.
Like many web site operators, KJA also use software to analyse and record visitor numbers and other details such as:
- the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on site
- the number of visitors to our site
- how long those visitors (on average) spend on our site when they do visit; and
- common entry and exit points into our site. To assist in analysing the usage of our website we use this aggregate, non-personal information.
How we store the information
KJA also stores information in secured databases and Mailchimp. Access to this information is restricted solely to KJA through the use of 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security. To view the privacy policies of Mailchimp, please go to: www.mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
We will not use your information for direct marketing except in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information for that purpose when we collected it. Any direct marketing will include a simple means by which you can easily request to no longer receive direct marketing communications from us (unsubscribe).
Government Related Identifiers
We never use Government Related Identifiers (such as Tax File Numbers, etc.) to identify you. We will only use these identifiers for other purposes where it is legally required or reasonably necessary.
Quality of information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the information we collect and hold is accurate, up to date, and complete. Where notified by you we will correct personal information.
Security and storage of personal information
KJA is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse, alteration and or interference. Where we no longer require your information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it or ensure that it is de- identified. KJA does not hold or disclose any of your personal information outside Australia.
Third party links and use of our website
You have several choices regarding your use of our website. In general, you are not required to provide personal information when you visit our website. However, if you apply to receive information about our services, activities or events or wish to apply for a job, provision of certain personal information will generally be required.
Please note the KJA website may contains links to other websites maintained or operated by third parties which are provided for your convenience.
KJA is only responsible for the privacy practices and security of its own website.
KJA recommends that you check the privacy policies and procedures of other websites that you visit.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
It may be necessary for us to review and revise our Privacy Statement from time to time. An amended version will be posted on our website at www.kjassoc.com.au. This document represents our current policy.